- To be able to describe the differences in appearance of muscle cells in skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscle.
- To be able to describe the organisation of muscle fibres to create a muscle.
- To be able to describe structures of actin and myosin, and how they interact to cause muscle contraction.
- To be able to name and explain the appearances of the sections of a sarcomere.
- To understand the organelles present in a myocyte, and to explain how they are specialised.
- To describe the regenerative capabilities of each type of muscle.
7. Myotomes and Dermatomes
- Coming Soon!