By Marcus Judge
To learn the format and tips for best using this site.
- Every page has 4 sections: "Objective", "Abstract", "Core" and "Quiz" - each is useful for a different purpose and at different stages of your individual understanding and learning of the topic eg. Core is most useful to read when just starting a topic.
- The search function can be used to pick any topic and will search all of our articles for the content you want.
- Signing-up for SimpleMed is free and requires almost no personal details - in exchange, you can access our social system to connect with other medics and medical students and our forum and comments systems to ask questions on articles or clarify concepts.
CoreFirst of all, welcome to SimpleMed!
SimpleMed is a free-to-use platform to learn medicine, quiz yourself and socialise with other medics.
This site was created by a small group of current Medical students looking to create something special. We personally hope what's going on here can help you to form a better understanding of the core concepts of Medicine, as well as relieve stress and help you relax.
Learning with SimpleMed
Each page of SimpleMed's growing library of notes is set out in exactly the same way - 4 sections, each designed to help learning and provide information. These sections are as follows:
- "Objective": A single sentence which describes what the article is about - this is useful for reading when browsing around and looking for a particular topic, but the titles alone aren't giving you enough detail about what's inside.
- "Abstract": This is up to 8 lines that outline all of the content in the "core" article below (similar to the abstract of a scientific paper). This section is super useful for power-revising and is good to read both once before reading the "core" article and then once again after, in order to consolidate its main messages.
- "Core": Containing the bulk of the information, the core describes concepts, presents facts and will often contain tables, mnemonics and diagrams/pictures to spruce things up. Most of your learning will come from this section and the aim is to make things as understandable as possible. The setup of categories/subcategories within topics is designed to split everything up as nicely and concisely as possible, so no "core" should be longer than 5 minutes of reading.
- "Quiz": A special section that calls upon questions from a question bank to test you - all of these questions are available in the Quizzes section in the main menu, but the quiz at the bottom of each page is specifically designed for the topic you have just read about. These questions are great for both trying out just after reading the article, but also just prior to your exams, in order to test your knowledge and recall.
At the top of each page, under the title, is a link to the "next lesson". While SimpleMed articles are independent of eachother, going through each lesson "in order" is probably the best way to develop a solid understanding of the entire topic.
You can access all of our topics here.
What can you do with a SimpleMed account?
- Access our Medics' Social Media platform. This allows you to make new acquaintances, talk to them using our in-built messenger and also post to the medical world about your experiences and achievements.
- Post on the Comments system below all of our articles. This allows you to ask questions, clarify concepts, or even point out mistakes (we are human!).
- Post on the SimpleMed Forum system - this allows you to talk to everyone through a posts system and ask general questions. Looking for work experience? Here's the place. Looking for help with a tough concept? Here's the place. Want to request a new topic? You know the drill.
- Keep track of your Quiz results - coming soon!
Create your own Profile on our social media engine - add friends, talk to other medics through our messenger system, post about your accomplishments!
Read through the SimpleMed Social Feed, see what other medics around the world are doing and get involved in new experiences.
Post on the SimpleMed Forums, ask questions, initiate discussions or request new content!
SimpleMed is equipped with a site-wide smart search. Click on the magnifying glass in the top right of the site and type whatever topic you want to learn about. If we haven't covered the topic you're interested in, let us know on our forum!
The entire site is free to use, with no limitations at all and nothing pay-gated - to allow this to happen, we have a few ads interspersed in our articles. These are clearly marked and look like the one below:
This is an Advert - we use these to keep SimpleMed free! If you see something you like, please click on it - it supports the site :)
If you're interested in what the ad is showing, feel free to click on it - we use Google AdSense to deliver our ads, thus they are all monitored and vetted by Google. If not, just keep scrolling!
Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy using what we have made - not sure where to start? How about the Cardiovascular System!
QuizYeah, no. There are too many exams in life to be quizzed on the tips and tricks page of a revision site.